Lawrence Robert Fischer “Fish”

February 6, 1930 - June 4, 2020

Leave a message of condolence

FISCHER, Lawrence “Fish” beloved husband of 63 years to the late Pauline (nee Hudson), loving father of Mark (Sharon), Greg, Steve, Gerry (Tonya) and Charlotte Fischer (Vicki). Grandfather of Justin and Jordan. “Fish” served in the Navy where he became an aircraft engine technician, went on to work at General Electric Aircraft Engines. He also enjoyed working on cars. Lawrence passed away on Thursday, June 4, 2020 at the age of 90. Visitation is at Hodapp Funeral Home, 6041 Hamilton Avenue, College Hill, 45224 on Friday, June 12 from 9:30-10:30 AM, followed by Mass of Christian Burial at St. Vivian Church, 7600 Winton Rd., 45224 at 11 AM. In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the Alzheimer Association. Condolences at


Curt Fischer - Jun 17, 2020
Very sorry to hear of Uncle Bob's passing. I remember fondly all the Fischer Family Christmas parties when I was a kid. In those days all six Fischer siblings only got together twice a year, once during the summer and once at Christmas. Uncle Bob was always ready to joke with and talk to us kids at the Christmas parties. He had the loudest laugh of all the Fischer aunts and uncles, and it always seemed a bit infectious. Very sorry to hear of his trouble with Parkinson's. Deepest condolences to the rest of the family. Your cousin, Curt
Jill Vonderhaar - Jun 12, 2020
Uncle Bob rest in peace. Wishing all of his kids (my cousins) peace and strength, you are all in my prayers!
Annette Koehler - Jun 8, 2020
Sad to hear of uncle Bob's passing. Keeping family and my Godfather in my prayers.
Veronica E Dickson - Jun 8, 2020
Sorry to hear of your Fathers passing may he Rest in Peace
Lucy McNabney - Jun 6, 2020
Bob was my dear older brother, the 2nd of us six kids, and I always looked forward to his cheerful presence. But there was over 8 yrs between us, so he hardly noticed me as a kid. For one thing, he was always working. While in high school, he cut down locust posts to sell for fence posts, then was hired to push a manual lawnmower around St Mary’s Cemetery—endless work—and then after graduating he joined the navy, dated his sweetheart, married and moved out of the house and began a big brood of his own. The last time I visited him, it was hard to understand his words because of the damage that Parkinson’s disease had done to him, but he still had that same cheery presence as always. Bob was a dear big brother and will be missed. Condolences to all the family.